The Challenge Tests and Answer Keys for Meet #1 are now available for download through your Dashboard. If you have not already done so, please schedule your meet for any 20-minute period between now and December 7th. You can click here or go to Team Leader Instructions for Meet #1 under the "What's Happening" box on our homepage for detailed instructions regarding administration of the Challenge Test.
After you have administered and scored the tests, you can input your students' scores online. Please follow these instructions:
- If you have not already created individual student records, click on "Manage Teams & Students" from your Dashboard.
- Click on a team in the "Teams" list in the left-hand column. At the bottom of the "Team Details" box, you will see a green circle with a "+" sign and "Add Student". Click here and enter the first and last name of the student for whom you wish to submit a score, then click "Save". Repeat this process for all students for whom you are reporting scores.
- You can enter scores for as many students as you would like with our new scoring system. Please be sure to create a record for any student you want to track for all three meets (i.e., you are no longer limited to reporting only the top ten scores); this will enable the system to calculate cumulative scores for an individual student at the conclusion of the 2013-14 WordMasters Challenge™.
- Once your students have been added to your team, return to your Dashboard and click on "Submit Scores". Select your team from the "Teams" column.
- Click on a student's name and enter the number of correct responses (0-20) in the box and hit enter. You can edit scores until the Score Submission Deadline (December 13th).
- When you have finished entering scores, you can click on "EMAIL RESULTS" if you would like to send a copy of the team's scores to anyone (or yourself!).
- Important Note: You will NOT be able to enter or edit scores after the Score Submission Deadline of December 13th. Please schedule your Challenge Meet accordingly. The system will automatically calculate team scores and standings at midnight on 12/13/13, so we will not be able to accept any late scores.
That's all there is to it! Results for Challenge Meet #1 will be posted on the website by December 27th. You can begin preparing for Meet #2 as early as December 9th, when the Meet #2 Word Lists will become available for download through your Dashboard.
We continue to post new templates on our Teacher Tools page and the great ideas you have shared with us in our Idea Gallery. Keep them coming!
Good luck on your first Challenge Meet!